Skip to main content

The Howard County District Court Adult Drug Court/DUI program began in 2004. Approximately, 250 individuals have successfully completed the program since its inception. It combines judicial oversight with intensive treatment and supervision. For more information, please visit their website at:

Please contact the Bad Check Restitution Program at 1-800-831-6577 or visit their website at Checks ineligible for the State’s Attorney’s Bad Check Restitution Program may be pursued via small claims court, criminal court or by a private collection agency.

For issues in Howard County, please call The Office of Consumer Protection at 410-313-6400 or go to

For issues statewide, please call the Consumer Protection Division of the Maryland Attorney General at 410-528-8662 or click on the attached weblink:

Please contact the Department of Human Services/Howard County Division at 1-800-332-6347 or click on the attached weblink:

Please contact Circuit Court/Office of the Jury Commissioner at 410-313-3804 or visit their website at

Please contact the Lawyer Referral Service/Howard County Bar Association, Inc. at 410-313-2030 or visit them at their website:

If your case meets certain conditions, you may ask the court to expunge a criminal record. For more information, please call click on this website:

There are two ways to do this. You can contact Howard County Police who can file a report or file charges with a Howard County District Court Commissioner. Please visit this weblink for more information:

Our office is not responsible for the return of seized property; with the exception of money and vehicles. Please call our main number at 410-313-2108 and have your case number readily available.

Please click on the following link for more information:

Please contact the Howard County Sheriff’s Office at 410-313-3174 or visit their website at

Please contact the Howard County Sheriff’s Office at 410-313-4222 or visit their website at

Bond hearings are held Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). To receive the results of an inmate’s bond hearing, please call 410-313-5233 after 2:00pm on the day of the hearing. For information on how a bond can be posted, please contact the District Court Commissioner at 410-313-4730 (24 hours) or visit their website at:

  • MM slash DD slash YYYY

There are several requirements to disinter the remains of a decedent. These requirements are overseen and enforced by the Maryland Department of Health and the Maryland Office of Cemetery Oversight. For more information, please call 410-230-6228 or click on the following weblink:

Authorization from our office is needed to comply with Maryland law when performing a disinterment. Please submit the following information to our office IN WRITING.
Requestor’s Name and Contact Information
Decedent’s Full Name
Name, Physical Address and Exact Location of decedent’s burial site
Where will decedent be relocated to?
Please include the name, physical address and exact location of where the reinterment will be located.

Please mail to the following address:
Howard County State’s Attorney’s Office
Re: Disinterment Request
3450 Courthouse Drive
Ellicott City, MD 21043

Or you can email your information to